Welcome to the Fanfare Archive!
25 interviews, and over 525 reviews of classical CDs, SACDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and downloads in this 640-page issue!
- What is the Fanfare Archive of Classical Music CD reviews?
Click any link on this page, and you'll soon find a wealth of information and opinions about tens of thousands of CD, SACD, DVD, and Blu-Ray recordings of Classical, Jazz, and Film music that have been reviewed in Fanfare in recent years. The Archive is a work in progress, and it will eventually encompass every issue of Fanfare. An account of how this Archive came to be, and what our goals for it are, is here. We've tried to make it as subscriber-friendly as possible, for both new readers and old hands. You can't really get lost in the Archive, so we recommend just clicking on any button or link that seems interesting.
- Fresh Results from the Scanning Project
We recently added back issues 4:1 through 4:4 and 30:1. We're working our way backwards through time and filling in gaps.
- Listen to audio in the Fanfare Archive
- You can now provide Fanfare subscribers with sample audio clips at the Fanfare Archive for a nominal fee. Samples can be of any length, and the links will be placed next to reviews of your CDs, whether they’re new or old. Learn more and listen...
- Advertise in the Fanfare Archive
- Your ad will be displayed on all articles matching a Fanfare headnote keyword like your name or your label name, and your ad graphic will also be displayed on all index pages containing matching articles. Learn more...
- We Welcome your Suggestions!
- All comments, suggestions and criticisms are most welcome! Scanning is an error-fraught process. We try to remove all egregious errors before publication, but some inevitably remain. Please let us know of them! If you use the Comments? link on the bottom of any page that needs fixing, the email to the Archive Team will automagically include the page you are talking about in the subject line.
Jan / Feb 2015
Editorial: Going with the Flow: High-Resolution Downloads and the Dawn of HD Streaming
Nov / Dec 2014
Spanning Musical Styles: An Interview with Strat Andriotis
- Peter Stokely, Fanfare Archivist,
Peter@Stokely.com, Stokely Consulting
- Celeste Stokely, Fanfare Webmistress,
email@example.com, Stokely Consulting